Wild Hare Products
Gives options. Applications that could not previously be moved from old hardware can now run on modern platforms - from PCs to mainframes.
Save Time. No program modifications or data conversions are needed to run current programs on new systems.
Save money. Current code is used thereby eliminating application rewriting and reprogramming. Verification and auditing of current application on a totally new platform is simple using this technique.
Eliminates Risk. Current application is used on new system.
Extends Life. Current application benefits from modern hardware and software technology. New features and capabilities may be transparently used to extend the total user benefit of mature, proven legacy code.
- Run legacy Nova, Eclipse and compatible code directly on modern hardware and software.
- No changes to program or data required.
- Dramatically increases performance.
- Mature, proven applications can now benefits from modern technology.
- Gives legacy software new capabilities without touching code.
- No change in procedures eliminate retraining costs and preserves operational knowledge.
- Product options available to match different application requirements.
- Full range of Nova systems emulated, including Nova, Nova 3, Nova 4, Point 4, Bytronix, Fairchild 9445, Rolm, AN/UYK-19, AN/UYK-64 series, and many others.
- Full range of Eclipse systems emulated, including S-series Eclipse (S/120/130/140/280), C-series (C/150/330/380), Desktop Generation, DG/500 and others.
- Full range of standard peripherals supported, including consoles, disk drives, tape drives, printers and multi-line multiplexers.
reNOVAte directly runs Data General Nova, Eclipse or compatible programs on modern open systems platform. This completely software-based solution now eliminates the need for additional hardware, co-processor boards, strings or mirrors to run entire legacy environments unmodified on modern platforms.
reNOVAte re-creates the original DG hardware down to the register level using advanced "virtual machine" software technology, which means that all of the existing legacy software runs unmodified on the new platform - including the operating system, utilities, languages, and user application programs. No conversion or translation of user code or data is required. This compatibility is so precise that even the original Data General hardware diagnostics run on the new platform just as they do on the original DG hardware.
Since the legacy DG software "thinks" it is still running on the original hardware, it runs the same way on the new platform as it does on the DG hardware. The same procedures and user interface may also be used on the new platform. However, reNOVAte has many new features to transparently enhance and extend legacy system capabilities without touching a line of original code.
reNOVAte runs on a wide range of modern popular platforms, from small DOS-based PCs to large mega-processor mainframes, and typically runs legacy applications dramatically faster on the new hardware - even a laptop PC - than they ran on the original legacy hardware.
reNOVAte is used worldwide in applications ranging from ticketing systems, hotels reservations and management to classified military applications, and practically everything else in between.